How to Flash Samsung Galaxy S7 using ODIN Tool on Computer
You might have come across the term flashing for Android devices many times. What basically is flashing, why is flashing required and how to flash Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge using ODIN software on PC. Today we are here with a guide that will cover all these important topics.
What is Flashing?
Flashing on Android devices means that you are attempting to re-install the operating system of your Android device, similar to how you reinstall Windows on a PC.
Why is Flashing Necessary?
Flashing for Android devices becomes necessary in case you need to reinstall the operating system of your Android device due to some software problems. Flashing is done especially when the Reset option does not serve to help solve the issue.
What are the Important Points to Note Before Flashing any Android Device?
Below are some of the points to keep in mind before you attempt to flash your Android device:
- If you flash your Android device, you will wipe away all the data stored on your device memory.
- There should not be any kind of interruption while the flashing on Android devices is going on until it is completed.
- To complete the flashing process successfully, make sure that your device has enough storage space to accommodate the file that is being flashed.
- Your Android device must have a minimum battery backup of 80%.
How to Flash Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge using ODIN Tool on PC?
The Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge is a very popular Android Smartphone. Many people search on how to flash Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge using ODIN tool on PC. Today we are here with a detailed guide which will help you flash Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge using ODIN tool easily.
Requirements to Flash Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge using ODIN Tool on PC:
- Computer running the Windows software with version XP or above.
- A good quality USB Data cable.
- ODIN Flash Tool. You can download the ODIN Flash Tool for free from here.
- The original and authentic software of your Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge called the Stock ROM. Make sure to find the right Stock ROM that matches your device name and model number.
Easiest Way to Flash Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge using ODIN Flash Tool on PC:
- Launch the ODIN Flash Tool on your PC. From the ODIN Window, click on the button that says “BL” and then navigate to the Stock ROM that you must have downloaded by now. Select the file that says “BL” in it.
- Follow the above step for all the three buttons below the “BL” button and select corresponding files of your stock ROM.
- Power OFF and then boot your Galaxy S7 to Download Mode by pressing Volume Down+Power+Home keys.
- Connect your Galaxy S7/S7 Edge to the PC.
- Click on the “Start” button from the ODIN tool.
- Wait for the flashing to complete.
- Wait until you get the “Pass” message.
- Once you get the Pass message, your Galaxy S7/S7 Edge will then reboot.
- Now disconnect your device from the PC.
You have successfully flashed Stock ROM on Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge.
In case you face any difficulties, please mention the issues as comments below and we will help you out.