HI. Today i will share simple trick to unbrick any asus fonepad..
Download firmware from here
Just place the downloaded firmware (UL-xxx.zip) into root folder on your internal storage or external sdcard.
Rename your downloaded firmware to K012_sdupdate.zip then copy to your MICROSD. Now you just have to go into droidboot mode.
1) WITHOUT PC
Follow the step below to go into droidboot. (Start by turn off your device).
1. If you had never update to kitkat before, go into droidboot by holding VOL DOWN + POWER until droidboot menu is present.
2. If you have update to kitkat before (or currently on kitkat), boot into droidboot by holding VOL UP + POWER until menu is present.
Next step depend on menu that appear on your droidboot menu:
1. If you had SD UPDATE option presented on the MOST BELOW option, go on and select it. (Beware, you should choose SD UPDATE not SD DOWNLOAD)
2. If your menu doesnt show SD UPDATE, then you had to choose RECOVERY.
I think thats all to do, your device must have start the update process by now.
Well that happened to me and i managed to fix my tablet. NOTE: MAKE SURE YOUR DEVICE IS MODEL NO. K012 FE170CG
BEFORE YOU CONTINUE
1. Download ADB and Fastboot : [TOOL] [WINDOWS] ADB, Fastboot and Drivers - 15 seconds ADB Installer v1.4.2
2. Install ADB drivers : Intel Android USB Drivers
3.Download Previous Firmware from Asus support site.
4. Download this
for temporary tethered cwm
1. copy the firmware (.zip) to an external sd card
2. Extract downloaded recovery.rar
3. Put your device in Droidboot mode by holding both power button and vol down while device is turned off.
4. Connect device to computer. Open cmd and type "fastboot device" to verify.
5.Open launcher.bat in the extracted folder.
6. Some stuff will appear after that. Dont do anything. In a few moments CWM will load.
7.Next part is pretty self explanatory. use volume keys to go up and down and press power to select option. choose install zip. in the next menu choose install from external sd card*. Choose the zip file you downloaded from Asus website, if installation fails download another version from the support website.
FISRT BOOT MIGHT TAKE SOME TIME.
Sharing is Caring